SeonHong Na joined the research group in 9/2014. His thesis focuses on the computational mechanics of geological media in extreme environments. His work is supported by ARO, DOE, Columbia and Fulbright Fellowship. During his study at Columbia, SeonHong has won numerous awards, including two Teaching Assistance Excellence Awards, the Mindlin Scholarship, Dongju Lee Memorial Award, and the 2nd place from the ASCE EMI Modeling Inelasticity & Multiscale Behavior poster competition, among others. His achievement and contribution to our research group are exemplified in the thesis and the published papers, which are listed below.
- S. Na, W.C. Sun, Wave propagation and strain localization in a fully saturated softening porous medium under the non-isothermal conditions, International Journal for Numerical and Analytical Methods in Geomechanics, doi:10.1002/nag.2505, 2016. [PDF][Bibtex]
- K. Wang, W.C. Sun, S. Salager, S. Na, G. Khaddour, Identifying material parameters for a micro-polar plasticity model via X-ray micro-CT images: lessons learned from the curve-fitting exercises, International Journal of Multiscale Computational Engineering, 14(4):389-413, doi:10.1615/IntJMultCompEng.2016016841, 2016. [PDF][Bibtex]
- S. Na, W.C. Sun, Computational thermo-hydro-mechanics for multiphase freezing and thawing porous media in the finite deformation range, Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 2017. [DRAFT][Bibtex]
- S. Na, W.C. Sun, H. Yoon, M. Ingraham, Effects of elastic heterogeneity on the fracture pattern and macroscopic effective toughness of Mancos Shale in Brazilian Tests, Journal of Geophysical Research:Solid Earth, accepted, 2017.
- S.H. Jang, S. Na, Y-L Park, Magnetically Assisted bilayer composites for soft bending actuators, materials, 10(6), 646, doi:10.3390/ma10060646, 2017. [PDF] (unaffiliated research conducted with the Dr. Sung-Hwan Jang).
- S. Na, W.C. Sun, Computational thermomechanics of crystalline rock. Part I: a combined multi-phase-field/crystal plasticity approach for single crystal simulations, submitted to Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 338:657-691, 2018. [PDF]
- S. Na, E.C. Bryant, W.C. Sun, Capturing size effects of anisotropic fluid-infiltrating materials via a higher-order Cam-clay-type model with property-preserving adaptive meshing, in preparation., in preparation.
- S. Na, W.C. Sun, phase field modeling of fracture opening, interfacial frictional closure and capillary-driven flow in porous media, in preparation.